Thursday 22 March 2007

I'll give you something to scream about

My office is in the middle of the countryside.

Ballygobackwards.

In the county of Middleoffrickin'nowhere.

Green fields full of cows and sheep surround my office. Daisies. Birds twittering in trees. That kind of stuff.

My office is an old converted schoolhouse. Sounds quaint, but it ain't.

Next door is the new school.

A primary school.

Full of primary kids.

It's break time.

For some reason, today the kids have decided that they're going to spend the entire break time running around screaming.

No, not screaming.

Screeching.

They've been screeching for almost fifteen minutes now.

It sounds like there's a mass slaughter going on next door.

It feels like there's a massive sledgehammer pulverising the insides of my brain.

I looked out the window to see if the teachers are running around, trying to get the kids to stop screeching.

They're not.

They're huddled in the corner, surreptitiously sharing a fag, trying not to let the kids see them.

I can't work under these conditions...

...

...

If the kids don't stop screaming, I'll give them something to scream about.




 


*Update*

 

The lambs have been silenced....


No comments: