Tuesday 5 September 2006

All these things that I've learned

Here are some things that I have learned since the weekend. They're not necessarily rules to live by, but they certainly make the ride a little smoother ;)

---

The worst thing you can say to a goth is that they have a nice tan.

Tattoos sneaking out of shirt collars or cuffs are incredibly sexy. They make me want to explore.
Whiskey does not cure colds, but it's still fun trying it out.

If I buy a return ticket for the tram on a Saturday night, I will inevitably lose track of time and end up getting a taxi home.

No matter how many times I pack, unpack and repack my suitcase for my holidays, I'm still convinced I've forgotten something.

There is immense pleasure in buying a book because it was cheap and would pass the time, rather than because you thought it was any good, and then finding yourself unable to put it down and finishing it in a day.

Nothing ever happens in Lost, and yet I keep tuning in week after week because they always end it on a cliffhanger. How can you have a cliffhanger when nothing has happened for the entire episode?

Horror films only really creep me out when they have children as central characters. There's something about a kid saying "Mommy?" in that sing-song voice that makes my blood run cold.

The sooner they bring in a smoking ban in England, the better.

Some of the best modern poetry I've ever read has been written on the walls of trams and hanging in airports. I read one in Inverness airport on Monday, called "Contraband". It's excellent. Can't remember the author though. Does anyone else know it?

Although it's been this way for most of my adult life, I'm still continually pissed off by the fact that during the week I struggle to get out of bed at 7am every morning to get ready for work, but come the weekend, I'm wide awake by 6:30 with no hope of getting back to sleep.

Rock Idol, or Supernova, or whatever its called, is still ridiculously bad, but I've got a major crush on the Australian boy since he took his top off the other night. I've come to the conclusion that I am often very shallow when it comes to looks. The older I get, the shallower I get.

Drinking three very strong coffees in quick succession is fine as long as its done before 11am. Anytime after 11am, and I won't sleep properly for two days.

The smaller the plane the smoother the flight.

The standard inflight service (complimentary drinks, complimentary snacks, competent and friendly cabin crew, pilots that actually know how to land a plane, etc.) that you used to get for free on board most flights now costs approximately £400.

---

No comments: