Wednesday 31 January 2007

Once more 'round the block

My middle name should be Procrastinator. I'm "working" from home today but I have about as much motivation as a dead goldfish floating in putrid, month-old water. Nice image, eh?

Anyhoo, whilst waiting for the plumber to fix my washing machine, I decided to have a go at writing some daft haikus. Here's what I've got so far...

--

Washing machine dead
Plumber says not his problem
Clothes remain unwashed.

--

Postman here early
More bills for my perusal
Should have gone to work.

--

Report lies unwritten
Motivation is awol
What's on the TV?

--

Kitchen is in ruins
Plastic piping everywhere
No water for tea.

--

Plumber says "finished!"
I'm gasping for a coffee
I push him aside.

--

Caffeine hits my brain
Inspiration is still lost
I give up on work.

--

Hmmm....

I still don't feel like doing anything. And now the plumber's gone so I can't even blame the noise disturbance for my lack of action anymore.

Suppose I should at least open Word...

No comments: